Activator/SBSettings NOT Compatible with iOS 5 GM?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iPagan, Oct 5, 2011.

1. iPagan macrumors regular

So I JBed my 1st gen iPad with iOS 5.0 GM with the latest Redsnow-0.9.9b3. Everything went fine, until I installed SBSettings. Upon a device reboot, I was greeted by this message, "Your iOS is too new. Some functions of Activator are not working." And the screen is locked in the portrait mode. If I launch an app, it immediately shrinks to the size of an iPod's screen! Later, I realized that that is the size of the SBSettings' window! If I touch on any part of the shrinked app, it's not responsive! Also, the app icons are smaller than usual, distributed across the screen 4x4 horizontally and vertically, with big holes or spaces between them like Swiss cheese.

If I touch on the top left of the screen, SBSettings' window pops up. I could turn on and off the Airplane mode, Bluetooth, 3G, Data, Processes, and other default options of SBSettings.

How can I get out of this situation?

I tried to re-JB and reinstall Cydia, no go.

Do I have to do a re-restore?

Not really a terrible biggie, as it's just another 2 hours or so.

I googled, didn't find any answer. In fact, googling even says SBSettings is compatible with iOS 5GM!? At least, partially so!

Any input or help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Most tweaks are not yet compatible. Some devs don't even begin work on new firmware until the GM is released. This is why many of us won't bother trying to JB iOS 5 for a few weeks yet. Unless you're a Cydia-based Dev, there's really not much point to it.

And yes, you'll probably need to restore. Did you try uninstalling SBSettings?

3. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

4. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

I tried to uninstall SBSettings, but it shrank to a tiny window, and not responsive to my touch input.

I have since re-restored and re-JBed. This round, I only installed MyWi and 3G Unrestrictor. I need the two.
    I learned it the hard way. :)

5. roncom7 macrumors newbie

Same thing here. Restored my iPad 1 using IOS5 GM, jailbreaked using redsn0w then installed sbssettings. My screen icons got jumbled up and could not could not operate the settings properly.

I went to restore again, JB and did not pursue with the SBS Settings. Waiting for updates.

BTW, i used the SBSsettings for IOS5 Beta -- not ok for IPAD 1.

XoX

6. mastomania macrumors newbie

haham this happened to me to.

But the first time it happened i didn´t realise that it was sbsettings that made all the windows shrink so i restored and downloaded sbsettings again...(im an idiot)

So i restored once more :p

7. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

I guess you've made some people feel better. :)

FYI, I am using BBSettings currently, following the tips some have posted in the iPhone Hacks section. It has to be turned on in the Notification Center in Settings. But once it's on, it's very similar to SBSettings. You'll have to play with it for a bit in order to completely understand its UI and the meanings of different toggles. It's actually NOT bad at all! I've had it for about two days. My only complaint is that some of the toggles are NOT that responsive. For instance, the brightness slider is terribly retarded in response. Sometimes, when I press on the penta-star Favorites icon, it doesn't respond that well, either.

After thought: another complaint I have is that the icons of the toggles could be bigger. That would make it easier for the aiming of the touch.

BBSettings is fully iOS 5(Beta or GM) compatible, so give it a try. You may like it.

8. roncom7 macrumors newbie

Thanks. Does BBSettings use mobile substrate? Will Activator work in BBSettings?

I don't really need sbssettings. I just want to use the activator feature because I don't like pressing the home button all the time.

Ill give BBSettings a try. Thanks.

xoX

9. mike9285 macrumors newbie

To fix the shrinking issue just enter safe mode, open any app, and then exit safe mode. Read it on another forum, worked for me.

10. roncom7 macrumors newbie

How to go to safe mode ? Thanks..