Activator-swipe up from bottom or bottom left/right?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gapperonduty, Nov 4, 2011.

1. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

Has anyone been able to use the activator gesture swipe up from bottom of screen or bottom left/right?

I haven't been able to use these two gestures since iOS4 till now and was wondering if someone is able to get them to work?

2. Knoxcore macrumors newbie

This gesture worked for me in iOS 4 to some extent, now it doesn't work. You're not the only one. Activator still has some kinks to work out (ie shutter button).

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

With iOS 4+, swipe up from the bottom seems to take a pretty specific move to make happen--a slowish, careful swipe with a bit of pressure basically between the dock icons. If I do it right, I can get it to work every time. If I'm even a little careless, it can take two or three tries. Never have gotten across the bottom swipes to work consistently.

(Haven't tried on iOS 5, if that's what you're specifically wondering.)

4. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Swipe up from bottom has been working fine for me. Still on 4.3.3 iphone 4. I set it as my home button. I think the trick is that you cannot do it really fast as you would be accustomed to with a regular swipe from side to side.

It needs to be a little slower, and not like a "flick" but more like a smooooooth swipe (literally). Also start the swipe up from touching the home button.

5. gapperonduty, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

gapperonduty thread starter macrumors 6502

thanx guys! :) great tips with the SLOW SLUGGISH swiping with SOME PRESSURE on the screen!!!! Finally able to do it. I start from outside the screen and swipe slowly with some pressure upward and up comes the switcher! :)

thanx again!

and I am on ios5 redsnow by the way.

edit: okay...suddenly it stop responding to my fingers after working flawlessly for a little while! lol...guess it's one of the less use gesture...