Activator Switcher Revelation

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by f4780y, Aug 6, 2010.

1. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Now you may call me slow. It's only been what? 5 days since the jailbreak?

I just had a moment of clarity and revelation.

Ever since getting IOS4 I have totally hated double tapping the home button to get the switcher to show Don't know why. I just think a "double" anything has no place on a mobile device. It is not a natural gesture (for me).

So, long story short, FINALLY realised I could map a swipe up from bottom of the screen to "Activate Switcher" using Activator.

Now the switcher finally works like I think Apple should have programmed it at the start!

I am as happy as the proverbial pig in ****! :D

2. doboy macrumors 68000

I love the activator. I have the swipe up mapped to sleep so I can easily put iPhone to sleep. i don't think other swipe up (left/right) is working properly yet.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Exactly what I did except I double tap the status bar to activate switcher. Even though I still double tap, it's just a whole lot smoother instead of clicking the home button.

Also, from the home screen, I use Icon Pinch as the sleep button. I get a lot of oohs and awws when I just pinch my screen and the phone turns off. :D

4. f4780y thread starter macrumors 6502

f4780y

Nice one. And agree, I don't mind double tapping the screen as much as a button...

5. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

how does this work? i tried setting it to ipod controls and nothing happens. maybe i'm swiping wrong :(

6. kepner macrumors 6502

Neat! I recently discovered that you could choose SBSettings toggles as actions now in Activator. I can't think of any good use for this at the moment, but it's a great idea.

7. Kaid macrumors newbie

Thanks

Just to let you know that there are some slower than you .... thanks for the tip :)

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

Mapping a single Home Button press works better for me. That's how I set-up ProSwitcher HD on my iPad.

9. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

How the hell do you swipe up...mine doesn't work no matter what I do.

10. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Same here, i have has SBsettings working but the swipe doesnt work for anything else, any ideas

11. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Maybe the people who have it working are not on iphone 4s.....any ideas?

12. datamage macrumors member

Yeah, I can't for the life of me get this to work on my iPhone 4.

Even if I try setting Anywhere->Icon Spread->Activate Switcher I can't get it to work. If I tell it to do something else, like open up the App Store, that does work..

Edit: Got it to work with Slide In Gesture->From Screen Bottom-Left->Activate Switcher.

It won't work for me with the other settings. Perhaps I'm not swiping correctly? *shrug*

To the OP, thanks for the idea. :)