Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
Hey guys!

I'm having some troubles with the active screen corners
I set my upper left corner to start screen saver(require password after 5 secs screen saver begins), so that i can lock my desktop whenever i'm leaving my MBP for a short time!
Lately i've noticed that when i activate the screen saver(by dragging the cursor to the upper left corner of my desktop), the screen saver disappear after 2 or 3 secs leaving me the window To access this computer, you will need to enter your password ..sometimes the screen saver does not even start and shows my desktop!!

In my opinion the screen saver starts but it seems to be interrupted by something(like when you touch the trackpad or a key on the keyboard)

Can you guys help me fix this!?
Thanx!

MBP 13" 2.26Ghz, 160 HDD, 2GB Ram, Mac Os X 10.6.6

sorepheet

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
East Coast
Troubleshoot issue. First, have you tried lengthening the time that the password is required?
Are your power settings getting in the way?
Perhaps try adjusting which Active Corner starts screen saver? (I dunno just throwing out ideas)

What have you tried?

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
Troubleshoot issue. First, have you tried lengthening the time that the password is required?
Are your power settings getting in the way?
Perhaps try adjusting which Active Corner starts screen saver? (I dunno just throwing out ideas)

What have you tried?

I switched form upper left corner to the upper right corner, i deactivated the screen saver and reactivated it.I also changed the screen saver timeout but the result is the same!!
it appears that something is interrupting the process once the screen saver is activated!!

Updated:
infact the problem is with the screensaver itself!!
it turns on the off after a certain amount of time!

Any tips how to fix this!??
thnx

Updated:
the screensaver problem solved!
it just started to work by itself, don't know why/how!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.