Active window w/ mouse over.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by n8236, Aug 26, 2008.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

I notice that OSX's minimize/maximize/close buttons on the uppser left corner of their windows become active when moused over. Is it possible to duplicate this behavior on a wider range? I want the windows, menus, etc to be active by mouse over as well.

2. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

Those buttons are always "active", the images are just a visual representation of what each one will do. You still have to click them just like the menus to be able to execute anything.

If you want menus to open when the mouse touches them, I am unaware of any way to do so. For me, it would get annnoying really fast because god knows how many times I touch them without meaning to!

3. n8236 thread starter macrumors 65816

Right, i dun want OSX to auto-click for me, I want the mouse over to make the window active. So say I have two word docs open side-by-side, I want the document window to be active once i mouse-over it w/o having to click each window.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You want what is called focus follows mouse. I don't think there is any third party solution for this and there is definitely no built in option.

Edit: my mistake. If it's worth $15 to you here is the solution.