Activities Penalizing You For Taking Days Off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eastamherstbias, Dec 28, 2016.

1. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

I feel like the app really penalizes you for taking days off. If you run 10 miles a day and then take a day off you basically lose the week. There needs to be some sort of weekly goal that the days add up to. So in the end you are the sum of the days and can actually take a day off. Us super competitive people feel like you failed and get a strike for just trying to not run ourselves into the ground.

Rant over....

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I just make sure I create a move goal that requires me to do at least 30 minutes of a workout a day. Whether its two 15 minute or one 30, I have to do 30 minutes a day. Then on days that I do more, I go above and beyond my goal and sometimes reach 200% or 300%. Therefore I have the motivation to do 30 minutes (which can be as easy as a 2 mile walk), but still feel like I am deserving of keeping my activity goals alive.

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Solution 1: Don't run every single day. Go lift, or do yoga (although it's gotta be a killer yoga workout to knock out a lot of calories!), or core work, or whatever.

Solution 2: Depends on Apple: Have Activity allow users to choose how many off days per week. When I was following a structured plan "by the book", it was having me take two days off for just stretching and foam rolling. I never got a massive Activity streak going. However, because I was feeling so much better, and still getting into good shape, I viewed my progress not by the badges I got (or didn't get) in Activity, but by the way my clothes fit and how I felt during my normal days.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

My simple solution. Sunday is my 'day off' from working out. However I now do an easy 35 minute core training on that day. Core can be done any time and we can always benefit from an extra core workout. So I set on Other and do a 35 minute core workout. I get the benefits of a little extra core work with minimal effort while preserving my Activity streak.