Actress Britney Murphy Dead

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SchneiderMan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Very sad news.. She looked to be a promising actress a few years back but kind of fizzled out. I don't want to speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised if drugs were involved.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Wow, and she was such a hottie. She also was getting into singing. I quite licked her voice. Anyway, sad, and yeah, it was probably drugs.

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

What is surprising is that at this time 15:19 EST her death is not mentioned on either msnbc.com or cnn.com. I figured with their love of dead celebrities it would be all over their front page or their entertainment sections.

5. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

6. timerollson macrumors 65816

Sad story. Had to log off Twitter because people can be so insensitive. There's always the Twitter users who have to make a joke about someone's death or bring up the point that regular people die everyday. We know that. What's so hard about being respectful and letting whoever grieve if they want to?

I never understood chastising someone because they choose to say RIP to a celebrity.

Anyway, random rant. Not the biggest Brittany Murphy fan but it's always sad to see someone go. RIP.

7. the vj macrumors 6502a

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm going to withhold any assumptions until the autopsy report is out, but it does seem odd that a healthy 32 year old would drop dead like that.

10. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I dunno - I have a heart deformity (bicuspid something or other) that my Cardiologist said is not uncommon for people to have all their lives, never know about, and then drop dead of a heart attack when they're 30 or 40. ...depending on course on the severity of the condition.

I didn't particularly like her, and had never seen her in anything or heard her music, but it was kind of a shock. Same as with Bernie Mac, or anyone who goes before their time.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

13. str1f3 macrumors 68000

RIP. She's supposed to be in The Expendables with Stallone and I would liked to have seen her in the Sin City sequel (if it ever comes out).

14. the vj macrumors 6502a

She was such adorable girl. 2009 really took a load of talented people. Why not any politicians? the seems to last for ever.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is sad that she is dead at such a young age.

16. Psycdude macrumors member

Yea I found this out while I was at a memorial for a 38 year old who took her own life...
    All of this was only a few miles away from Cedars Sinai (the hospital they took her to).
    Sad day...

17. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I'm hearing rumors she died of a heart attack and cardiac arrest.:confused:

still unknown...

sad. sooo young.:eek:

18. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Wow, I watched Happy Feet on ABC Family last night and just realized she was in that movie a few minutes ago... She had one heck of a voice. So tragic to see her gone. :(

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

ted kennedy?

20. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  21. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I got really choked up when I read this. I will admit that I have not seen any of her actual films, but her work as a voiceover artist was so great and she had so much potential.

Luanne, who she voiced for 13 years in King of the Hill, was my favourite character in that series (and I just happened to watch Baby Manger Einstein the other day, which already had me sad because it's the last Luanne-centric episode of the series). She was also Colleen in Futurama: The Beast With A Billion Backs - easily one of the better 'one time' characters of the series - so it's going to be kind of bittersweet next time I watch that (which is often as it's my favourite of the four Futurama features).

Totally bummed out right now. RIP.

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She was great in Clueless and Sin City. She was also food in that movie she did with Dakota Fanning, where Brittany played her babysitter.

I'll admit that I didn't recognize her name when I saw it, but now that I recognize her, I am a bit saddened by the news. She was actually quite good in the films I've seen her in, even the films I wouldn't normally like.

23. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I'll miss her as Luanne Platter.

In California, cardiac arrest = drug overdose.

24. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Here here. I loved her in Sin City.

25. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan