Actual Battery usage

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vin2015, May 25, 2015.

1. Vin2015 macrumors member

Baring the 1st day(Wednesday) where I played with the watch nonstop, and had about 20% charge after wearing it 12 hours. I am finding that the watch has a very reasonable 48 hour cycle per charge.

I put the watch on Saturday at 2 p.m. with a 100% charge, today on Monday at 11:30 a.m. my time I still have 27% charge left. That is after being out all day Saturday and Sunday, and using the watch in a "normal" manner. I was even playing the game Lifeline the last 2 days.

Also I have not taken the watch off at all, I have slept and showered with it the last 48 hours, and it was performed perfect. I get all notifications through it except emails.

I know "normal" usage is very subjective, but I check my time a few times a hour, deal with iMessages, and have used the timer and maps a few times, even had a short 5 minute phone call via the watch.

2. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

Yeah, battery life is underplayed. If you run some fitness programme you will see a difference though.

I'm down to 40% and OMG, 3 hours to go before I charge it today - lol.

That's because I did 3 hours tracked workout.

3. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Unless I use the workout app I usually see 30-40% battery at the end of the day. Apple definitely under played the battery on the watch.

4. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

I generally have around 40-50 percent at the end of the day. Yesterday I had 13% left at the end of the day but it tracked a 2 1/2 hour outdoor bike ride. I thought that was pretty good!

5. Vin2015 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have been pleasantly surprised about the battery life, the way everyone was reviewing it, made it seem like I was gonna be lucky to make it home at the end of the day with a working watch.

Far from the truth.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Even with two 40 minute brisk walks with heart tracking, my watch is still at around 40% at the end of the day.

7. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Are most you guys using the 42? I wonder how large the difference actually is with the two models. I get a super easy 2 day charge when it comes off the charger. It often is at 20% even after wearing it for two days with a few short mile runs.

8. Vin2015 thread starter macrumors member

I am using a 42mm, as I assume most men would be too.