Actual i5 Belt/Clip-On Case USAGE Feedback?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Agile55, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Agile55, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

Admittedly my search-fu is weak but I cannot find much ACTUAL feedback of i5 belt/clip-on type case usage.

This is likely due to a lack of popularity but if there is a summary posted here plz. enlighten me as I need to buy one this week.

2. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Is there even another one than the Otterbox Defender?
    [​IMG]

As you can turn the belt clip, it should be pretty comfortable to wear:
    [​IMG]

3. chrisc983 macrumors member

I have this one from Best Buy. http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=6632253&pid=1218767477725

4. Chargerdan macrumors member

I've been using the Seidio Surface model for my phone since the 3G. The cases and clips are solid.

I've never used, or even seen, the i5 model you speak about so I can't comment how good it may be.

5. Agile55 thread starter macrumors regular

Agile55

My i5 WTK Should Have Been More Specific

To clairify I am looking for something w/ a *slim* profile but with a belt/clip on attachment so IMO that eliminates the Otterbox version.
    This does NOT need to be a fully enclosed case, something that has a small footprint when belt worn w/ a lo-profile & in a vertical position if possible.

Thx for the actual user feedback, do keep it coming so .....

6. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I purchased a CaseCrown Glider case that always stays on my phone and use it in combination with a Body Glove "large phone" belt clip holster. I like having the case and holster separate. If I look at when the phone slips out of my hand the most, it is when I take it out of the holster. Therefore the case is always there for protection, but the holster is nice when I wear a suit (every day at work) and don't want the bulge of a phone in my pocket.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Check out Case-Mate. They usually offer a holster that works with the Barely There case as well.

8. Agile55 thread starter macrumors regular

Agile55

TallGuy & RJR thx for the feedback, looking further into your suggestions.

Anyone else out there w/ some usage feedback for a SLIM holster/belt/clip on style case that will fit the i5?

9. fljoemon macrumors newbie

MiniSuite Holster Case

Call me old fashioned, but I still love a holster. I am very forgetful so this way I wont forget the phone on a table or any other place, so I always have it clipped to my belt.

I got the MiniSuit Holster from Amazon and I really like it:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099XQNRI

10. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I bought this one at Wal-Mart and it works great with all the cases I have.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Case-Logic-Genuine-Leather-Vertical-Large-Smartphone-Pouch/20976778

I was using a smaller version with my 4s and it worked really well but it would break every 6 months or so. I always just return it to Wal-Mart and get another one. I like the case logic holsters because they have a strong magnet and I have never dropped my phone when using one. I have had other holsters that my phone has fallen out of so that's why I stay with the case logic. I don't know if you are looking for the kind that phone clips in to but I have never been a big fan of those styles.

11. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I saw this one and was tempted to get it, but I would like a case that covers the entire bezel of the phone, to avoid any scratched and whatnot that it's known for.

That's not bad and actually might be what I was looking for. I don't like those clips though that go on the belt for easy access to slide on and off. I'd prefer if it had a lip towards the inside of it to secure it on the belt from getting lifted up. Definitely an option though.

12. Agile55 thread starter macrumors regular

Agile55

Time to revisit this, any more usage feedback for a SLIM holster/belt/clip on style case that will fit the i5?

13. stevedusa macrumors regular

Seidio, Seidio, and Seidio.

I've been using Seidio Surface with the belt clip ever since the early Android devices.

Now I have it on my iP5 and I couldn't ask for more (or less). It adds not much bulk to the phone and the case feels great in hand. No scratch and very easy installation. Comes in two parts, just slide them on and you are good to go.

Their belt clip holster is great. Very nice quality! The surface where your screen will be in while in the holster are covered in soft and scratch-resistance padding, almost like a very thin carpet.

I suggest you give the Seidio Surface a try if you want to add minimum bulk.

Oh also they offer just the clip belt holster for naked device as well.

14. Agile55 thread starter macrumors regular

Agile55

So it's been almost 3 weeks since the last reply, any more ACTUAL usage/feedback for this type of i5 case/holder ?

15. Agile55 thread starter macrumors regular

Agile55

So has anyone got any ACTUAL usage feedback re. an a i5 belt/clip-on case yet?