Actual iPhone or the new one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by the vj, Jul 17, 2011.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Hello

I see the iPhone 5 is not much different than the actual iPhone, just a few enhancements but... my question is: Can I buy the actual iPhone once discontinued? It is gonna be cheaper.

The iPhone 5 will have a faster processor (so what) and may be thinner (I do not care).

Besides that I haven't seen any other enhancement. I believe I would go for the 4s at a cheaper price.

Any opinion?

Thank you.

2. blunti macrumors 6502a

you can most likely still buy the current gen phones once the new ones are out. AT&T is still offering the 3GS so I don't really see why they wouldn't sell the 4's later on...

and yes. it will be cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I'd like to know where I can find the specifications on the iPhone 5 :confused:

And yes, I'm being facetious. If you don't care about faster (the A5 is beast), size, maybe more pixels in both cameras, maybe a bigger screen, etc etc, then sure, go for the iPhone 4.

The 3GS is still on sale and it's been 2 years (right?) and sells for $50 (or is it free now?). So I'd suspect Apple to drop the 3GS and drop the iPhone 4 down by $100, like they did when to the 3GS when the 4 came out.

4. CD4287 macrumors newbie

The 2011iMac is not that different from the 2009 iMac, just a few enhancements. This years XYZ car is just last year's XYZ with improved body style, engine, handling and features; probably no reason to upgrade, right?

5. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

... The iPhone 5 isn't released yet... Anything we think might not be right... There are rumors, yes, but nothing concrete.

Most likely, they would drop the 3gs and sell the iPhone 4 for $100.

6. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

my standard advice

If you need it, buy it.
    If you want it, wait.