Actual phone calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tobias Funke, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

How's is everybody's 6+ Doing for making phone calls?!

Mine is perfect at everything except making actual calls!!

Almost every other call the other person can't hear me but I can hear them!

The SIM card was removed from my 5 which had no problems with calls.

Anybody else?

Can Apple test for faults??

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Mine is perfect. Yours sounds defective to me. They should exchange it with no problems. Had a similar issue in the past and it got exchanged.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP did you do all the usual stuff, e.g, reset phone, restore as new, etc.? Using your ear buds will help isolate the issue.

4. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

OP - The past few days I've had spotty instances of the exact same issue. If I call someone they can't hear me but I hear them fine. Then, if they call me back they can hear me no problem. I'm wondering if it's an AT&T Network issue.

5. NightCastle macrumors member

I've been having that happen since upgrading to iOS 8 on my AT&T iPhone 5. I'm not certain if it is carrier, but I figured I would share in case it helps in any way.

6. iphonevirgin macrumors newbie

I had the EXACT same problem with my new iPhone 6 (with Verizon), so I returned it. Have been unable to buy one to replace it ever since, but in the meantime I've changed my mind and have decided to go with the 6 Plus as soon as I see one available.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I frequently use mine as an actual phone and haven't had one issue.

8. natsinicky macrumors member

When I had my iphone 4, I had severe issues with that. I couldnt make a phonecall indoors, I had to be outdoors with as many bars as possible in order for other people to hear me.

I went to the AT&T store to see if it was defective, and was kinda given the cold shoulder, and was pretty much told that the only solution was to upgrade to a better phone.

I would have, but I had no upgrade available.

So I dealt with it until the 6 came out, and now the problem was fixed.

So based on my experiences, you should just upgrade to the next phone; that will solve your problem. ;P

9. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

No problems with my 6plus. A lot of times I will put the phone into speaker mode for hands free talking and it works surprising well.

10. legioxi macrumors 6502a

11. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

My 6 is actually better than my 5S was. I've been told by a few people that they can hear me better now. Also, the sound from the speaker is better.

12. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

My 6 makes phone calls sound better! Of course I've been using VoLTE from the start but even when calling not VoLTE users or even on 1x (Verizon) it sounds great! Very full sound.