Actual Retail Build Number 9A581???

mingisback

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2003
United States
Can someone that received early shipment of Leopard please confirm that the actual build number is 9A581?

I've seen speculation of this being GM (retail) but would like to hear it from someone that has an actual retail disk in hand.

This info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Can someone that received early shipment of Leopard please confirm that the actual build number is 9A581?

I've seen speculation of this being GM (retail) but would like to hear it from someone that has an actual retail disk in hand.

This info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
do u need this cause ur downloading it?

hibbleton

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
do u need this cause ur downloading it?
I haven't downloaded it and nor do I plan to, but I'm curious myself. For one, I think it would be funny if none of the Mac rumour sites picked up on an additional build. And it would be funny if all the pirates were installing a version that wasn't the GM. ::D

mustgroove

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2006
Let's all accuse him of piracy! Yeah!!! 1 person did it so everyone else must be too!!! :eek:

Get off your high horse... people might want to know the build number for any number of reasons... Who are you, McCarthy?

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
No one knows for sure that 9A581 is the GM build. It was never confirmed by anyone -- it was just speculation that was accepted as truth.
It have seen it confirmed in many places. There are quite a few people who have received their shipments today. I had a friend of mine call me up today and told me it showed up. I wanted to reach through the phone and choke him :D (Now of course, I didn't see it ... but I see no reason why he would lie about it)

jstad

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
It have seen it confirmed in many places. There are quite a few people who have received their shipments today. I had a friend of mine call me up today and told me it showed up. I wanted to reach through the phone and choke him :D (Now of course, I didn't see it ... but I see no reason why he would lie about it)
I want leopard. What is your friends address>!>?! :eek:

hibbleton

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Where has it been confirmed? I've only seen it posted on news sites as a rumour or as speculation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.