Actual user experiences late 2016 tbMBP vs 2017 tbMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hussainh1, Jun 15, 2017.

1. hussainh1 macrumors regular

As the title suggests, has any one had any real experience with the newer model. I understand there's only a week or less or actual real world availability to derive from, but I'm specifically interested in hearing if anyone has been using a 2016 extensively, and now has comparative experiences to share with the 2017 model.

2. transistor2000 macrumors newbie

I can tell you coming from the non-touchbar versions of both 2016 and 2017, the 2017 definitely feels snappier. The keyboard also just feels a bit more responsive and solid. It's subtle, but noticeable. I have noticed the 2017 does run a bit warmer under general use, specifically the fan spins up more often, but it's not audible. The touch bar version may be more drastic in terms of fan noise, not sure. But performance is definitely improved. Battery life is roughly the same. I haven't noticed much else different between the two. Hope this helps.

3. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I had the 2016 13" Touch Bar since November, and the 2017 version since Tuesday. Only difference I can tell so far is that the keyboard feels more solid. Not a major difference, but noticeable. Other than that everything is pretty much the same. I don't need crazy performance so I haven't really pushed the CPU, although the newer model benchmarks slightly faster than the 2016 one.

4. hussainh1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you both that was helpful. Looking forward to hearing more from other users as well.