Actvation Required?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Dec 8, 2013.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I have an iphone 4s that I submitted an unlock request via AT&T's website a couple of days ago.

I have been checking the status, and it still says it was pending.

I decided to give it a shot and insert my t-mobile sim card, and to my surprise, it received a signal and I confirmed it by making some calls.

However, after inserting my t-mobile sim, it says "Activation Required" but then allowed me to use the phone normal after a couple seconds when the message disappeared

Will there be any issues if I ignore the message?

What I also did was rebooted the phone with the t-mobile sim in, and tried activating it with itunes opened. After the phone tried activating via wi-fi, there was no message. Does that mean everything is OK now?

The thing is, I never received a "congratulations your iphone is unlocked" message in itunes even though my phone picks up t-mobile's signal.

Do I need to restore?

2. Daytona 360 macrumors member

If your phone can now communicate on the T-Mobile network, you are all set.

The "Activation required" screen you see the first time is normal. That's the part where the phone checks with Apple to see if the SIM can be used with the device (i.e. does the SIM match the operator-lock, if any, on the phone). The activation check can be done via iTunes, or if the phone has a WiFi connection, it can activate with WiFi as well.

Once an unlocked phone is activated, you can swap SIMs as frequently as you want, and you won't see any activation messages until you restore the phone.

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really?...that's weird because when I activated it via wi-fi on my t-mobile sim, it seemed like everything was ok.

Then I inserted my non-active ATT sim in, and upon searching for the network, the apple logo appeared and it said "activation required"

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced