AD Mobile Accounts on ElCap

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by DJLC, Aug 17, 2016.

1. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

So I'm hoping someone has some insight into this.... I suspect it's a problem with the Active Directory implementation in OS X 10.11.x.

At work I've just finished migrating to a new AD server with Server 2012. No issues there, just took the old Server 2008 box offline yesterday. In the process, all AD user accounts were assigned new home folders on the server so they have some space to offload stuff from their MacBook Airs. Great. Except...

Users who are still on Yosemite are getting their home folders automatically when they log in. It's automatically mounted and added to the dock. Works fine. But users (me included) who have upgraded to ElCap are NOT getting the new home folder setting. If I look in Directory Utility, OS X is seeing the SMBHome property in AD, but when I look at the mobile account in the local directory it does not have that property. I can manually add it to the user in the local directory and it works, but how can I make ElCap automatically grab that updated property from AD like Yosemite? Or can I?

Thanks!

2. DJLC thread starter macrumors 6502a

DJLC

Update: still no progress on this. If I login to the local admin account, delete the mobile account in SysPrefs, tell it to leave the home folder unchanged, remove "(Deleted)" from the user's local home folder, then log out and login as the AD user it recreates the account with the proper SMBHome property.

But how can I automate that?! :)