Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
This wouldn't surprise me at all really. Not sure it's the best move for Adam though. Coming out as the replacement singer vs. establishing his own identity, style and music.

Bimmi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
Saw Queen in 1980 and they were awesome but Brian May really needs to retire and go play with his telescopes or something.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I have seen Queen + Paul Rodgers a lot over the last couple of years and they where amazing. Still sound and look fantastic. The new album, Cosmos Rocks, was good but needed more publicity.

For who ever said Brian May should retire, have you seen him lately? He can still hold the attention of 75,000 people with this slightest finger movement. They are out to have fun and if this new guy does team up with them then great. They where all born to play music and they need a front man, so why not.

I am sure they would not become a glorified 'tribute act'. They would need to write their own stuff and create something new.

Lets see what happens. I know Brian is interested in doing something.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
1. Those of you who immediately go into gay jokes are **** heads.

2. I had the opportunity to see Queen+Paul Rodgers a few years ago, and it was fantastic. Brian May still has it. So does Roger. Paul was ok, but he made it fun. The best singing of the night was a recording of Freddie.

3. I don't know who this Lambert guy is, but I doubt he has the talent to credibly sing for Queen. If he can sing 3 songs, he's off to a good start. Let's talk about 20 years worth of catalog in multiple languages. I remember when everybody said it was going to be George Michael because he sang "Somebody to Love" so well. Whoever this guy is will be no different.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Brian May is awesome.

Queen sucks. Major. Bohemian Rhapsody - and yes, I know it's one of the most-requested songs of all time - sucks. No rhythm, no melody.

They need young blood. Adam Lambert, however, is too much of a pansy to be... in... Queen... wait a minute... he's perfect.

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Bohemian Rhapsody - and yes, I know it's one of the most-requested songs of all time - rocks. Got rhythm and melody.

See how opinions work?

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Brian May is awesome.

Queen sucks. Major. Bohemian Rhapsody - and yes, I know it's one of the most-requested songs of all time - sucks. No rhythm, no melody.

They need young blood. Adam Lambert, however, is too much of a pansy to be... in... Queen... wait a minute... he's perfect.

This post is confounding on pretty much every level. I'll leave it at that.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
1. Those of you who immediately go into gay jokes are **** heads.

I'd say immature myself. I doubt there's any genuine hate intended. There certainly wasn't from me, I loved the soundtrack to Highlander and Flash Gordon but I'm more of a floyd fan to be honest.

Real-time auto-tune and pitch-shift to the rescue!

I wonder if he likes fish sticks as much as Kanye West?

:D

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Bad move. I don't think he'll do it. That would be a huge mistake. He has too much of a chance to be original and do what he wants. There's no reason for him to front Queen.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2009
How about Dream Theater's upcoming album in June? Their singles and covers are impressive especially the cover song of Queen's Tenement Funster/Flick of the Wrist/ Lilly of the Valley.

They are my favorite band. Incredible. Sorry I had to go off topic...

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
The guy has no charisma at all...How can people even think of him to be the new Freddie Mercury?...

conch575

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I like Adam Lambert! I think it would be cool if he fronted Queen, that's 100000000x better than winning American Idol.. At least you can do what you want, not being contracted to American Idol!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.