Adam Lashinsky Writing High-Profile "Inside Apple" Book

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fortune Magazine's Adam Lashinsky is writing an unauthorized book about Apple titled Inside Apple: How America's Most Admired -- and Secretive -- Company Really Works.

The book is an expansion of an in-depth article Lashinsky wrote earlier this year. That article included a number of inside stories, including an oft-quoted tale of Steve Jobs colorfully asking his MobileMe team why the product didn't work as intended. AllThingsD has some more info about the content of the book, noting that the book will be less about Steve Jobs, who has a biography coming out this fall, and more about Apple, Inc. at large:
The publisher promises a lot of insidery facts, including, "how Apple creates killer products, forges intense bonds with consumers, and gets what it wants from suppliers ... the lessons about leadership, product design and marketing are universal, and they should appeal to anyone hoping to bring some of that Apple magic to their own company, career or creative endeavor."
Inside Apple will be available on January 18, 2012 from Business Plus, a Hatchette Book Group imprint.

Article Link: Adam Lashinsky Writing High-Profile "Inside Apple" Book

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
I'll be very anxiously awaiting this. The original article by itself was pretty insightful. I can only imagine what all he has to fill a book with.

justinfreid

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
No punny bussiness

I'm impressed they fought the temptation to call this "The Core of Apple" or something similar.
I'll bight into this and the upcoming book on Jobs. Sorry.

artziggy

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2011
Same here.
The cover lacks style.

IMHO the cover looks like iTunes both of which I think is really boring and bland. The metalic look and feel looks awesome for the hardware but not so with the software or a book cover which is intended to emulate it.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
All these apple books make me think that maybe I should be writing an apple book of my own. Mac Fans, the etiquette and times of an apple fan before and after the Boom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.