Adappt (Apple Watch Band Adapter)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by davidnyjets, Mar 20, 2015.

1. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

Never backed anything before on Indiegogo/Kickstarter/etc. but this looked too cool to pass up.

Grabbed the Adappt Aluminum Early Bird before it sold out.

2. kovey, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Probably no point in jumping on a Kickstarter for this. The big guys like Belkin, Griffin, and all the iPhone case manufacturers will likely start selling accessories before the Kickstarters start shipping.

4. kovey macrumors 6502a

Neither of those companies you mentioned have ever sold a watch accessory. This isn't a case. Did you even see what the product is?

5. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Ugh... I saw this a while ago but didn't realise they would do one to match the space grey sport. Now that I have looked again I see they do and have missed the $10 discount that was available before. Sigh.

Ah well, I've done it now anyway, still £20 is a lot, might have been been more sensible to waiting and get a nice £30 band made for the Apple watch rather than now a super chela £10 one - still, it lets you be able to choose ANY strap.

6. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I will totally wait and see how these things work out. I think that 3rd party band/adapter sector will be enormous in a few months. The only way I'd go for this now was if I already had a large collection of watch straps that I loved.

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Trouble is is that they're not anywhere close to their funding goal. Odds of it becoming a shipping product (from them, anyway) appears to be low.

8. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Agreed. Looks too far from goal for me to bet on.

Plus - my last crowd-funded pre-order was over 1 year late, so I'm a bit overcautious these days. I'll wait to see things like this hit the market first.

9. GoingDark macrumors 6502

My new policy with crowdfunding is that I wait until it becomes a real shipping product and then I just buy it. Both the KickStarters mentioned above claim an estimated ship date of June. That seems pretty unrealistic for anyone but a large company with established manufacturing capabilities.

10. FlatCable macrumors member

Oh, and let's not forget the Chinese at $1 that will rust your Apple Watch... :)