Adapter cable enabling ANY headphone to be iPhone remote speakerphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macbook123, Jul 13, 2010.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I recently purchased the Sennheiser MM 60 ip headphones (link below), and realized that they are identical to the PX 100 only with a cable extending from the iPhone that has a little remote and microphone attached to it and a plug for the headphones themselves. In other words, I could use my old PX 100 with this adapter cable and there's no need to purchase the new headphones. I wonder, does any company sell just the microphone+control cable that plugs into the iPhone, so I can use various headphones as speakerphones and remote controls for the phone? Thanks for suggestions.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headsets_mobile_stereo-mm-60-ip

2. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

3. mis204 macrumors member

I currently have Shure's Mobile Phone Adapter (Shure MPA-3C) for the iPhone, and it works great even with my bumper attached. There is a microphone and 1 button which can activate voice control for voice dialing, start/pause music and navigate through a playlist by skipping/going back a song. I have had it for a long time since the 3G came out, and it still works perfectly!

4. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

+1 for the Shure's, works great, especially with Shure's headphones (obviously)
    but have tried it with many others and still works flawlessly whatever you use it with.
    Doesn't look as slick as the iP4 but it functions just as advertised. Great product.