Adapter stick for IPad

interinfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I have heard there exists an adapter that you can plug in to your iPad and your pc through a USB port to transfer files easily, where to get that ?

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
To use your iPad as a USB drive, you'll need iExplorer. Its freeware that works really good as long as you don't screw around with the files inside your iPad.

You will also need the sync cable that came with your iPad to use it.

Comment

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Where can I find such a device ?
Absent a jailbreak there's no file system in the iOS to allow for these types of transfers. You can transfer photos/video to the iPad with the camera connection kit, but not the other way around. Third-party apps like Dropbox will allow for wireless transfers of certain types of files to/from the iPad.

Otherwise, explore a jailbreak.

Comment

interinfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Absent a jailbreak there's no file system in the iOS to allow for these types of transfers. You can transfer photos/video to the iPad with the camera connection kit, but not the other way around. Third-party apps like Dropbox will allow for wireless transfers of certain types of files to/from the iPad.

Otherwise, explore a jailbreak.
I just come trom à shop weer they sell Apple and hè told me that such a device exist but they were sold out..

Comment

BrennerM

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
As a previous poster said, the Camera Connection Kit only allows you to transfer photos/video TO the iPad, and only if they are in the DCIM folder (or subfolders). And it only works for photos and video, not other documents.

Unless you jailbreak, you can't copy any files FROM the iPad onto a USB stick or SD memory card.

So the person you spoke to was mostly wrong if they implied that you could copy anything to/from the iPad.

Comment

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Why a second thread?

I have heard there exists an adapter that you can plug in to your iPad and your pc through a USB port to transfer files easily, where to get that ?
Why would you start a second thread on this?

Comment

Unkei

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Adapter stick for IPad

So with this device you can put in a normal USB memory stick ?
No, the device itself functions as the "memory Stick" and can be used with iPad, Mac, PC, etc and data can be transferred and read by all these devices,
Unkei

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.