Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tallpaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
http://www.alnetsystems.com/page/en/pobierz/other_version#Phone

Hi,

I don't know if it's possible but I thought this forum would be the best place to ask!!

I use the the above client software for a Nokia E66 and other Symbian Nokias to view a PC based Alnet DVR.

The client application has many useful features and control of the relay card in the DVR to remotely open doors/ turn alarm and lights on and off is crucial to the system.

I have have contacted ALnet many times but the still haven't released a beta version of an application for the Iphone.

A web developer friend of mine said in passing that the application could be modified to work on the Iphone so if it is possible what would you need?

Would you need more from ALney themselves or would you have enough with the client software that is ready to download?

thanks in advance

Paul

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You would need the source code (not the compiled application you can download). As it's not public you can't "adapt" it.

tallpaul

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
You would need the source code (not the compiled application you can download). As it's not public you can't "adapt" it.

Thanks for that, I'll email the developement team and see can I get the source code.

Would it be very difficult once if I were to ge the code?

Tall Paul

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Thanks for that, I'll email the developement team and see can I get the source code.

Would it be very difficult once if I were to ge the code?

Tall Paul

Can you program? If not then it'll be impossible without learning that first. If you can then it'll be somewhere between difficult and impossible (as the code may simply do things that are impossible in the iPhone SDK due to Apple restrictions).

I'd also note that as this appears to be a commercial product they are not likely to give you the source code for free, or even for money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.