adblock for Safari with ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jcorvan, May 21, 2012.

1. jcorvan macrumors newbie

Disgusted with the ads on Safari, I saw references to adblock for safari (there is an adblock in the app store but I think it was the former people were referring to), I went to the apple.gallery using safari and clicked on the adblock but there was the message "IOS not supported" on a blue button which I did not press (remembering Alice in Wonderland who came across little bottles saying 'drink me' which led to bad things happening to poor Alice!!)

So I wonder if this means that it is not yet available for ios 5.1?

Would appreciate info on this. I am shocked by the number of ads that appear in the seach material when I google on how to do some ipad thing, for example (I am new to apple). Every response is a paid service or a paid magazine. There is the beginning of an answer and then when I click it turns out to be a service you have to pay for to get the rest of the info (I wanted to know how to use the camera. It IS a big thing, this Ipad, not a cell phone, so I wondered how people take photos but I was not going to find out without money changing hands!).

I tried the same thing on my win 7 maching using IE and did not have any of this (though I did not find much either on photo taking other than ones own face -- can't believe such a savvy camera exists only to photograph the ipad owner).

Even the material on Apple support was not useful and one youtube video said I had to purchase an iphone to use the camera (What??). So anyway, I wanted to try the ad blocker but could not get to it. Maybe I went to the wrong place, but I knew better than to google a question on this in Safari!

Thanks for any help on this.

2. woodbine macrumors regular

woodbine

3. WB2Colorado macrumors regular

WB2Colorado

Browser plugins and extensions like AdBlock aren't supported on Safari on the iPad.

4. koper macrumors newbie

Weblock

Hey,

theres this app: http://www.weblockapp.com
    It works only on WiFi, but will work in any browser, including Safari and Chrome.

Regards,
    TK

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

"I am shocked by the number of ads that appear in the seach material when I google"

Your blaming this on Safari when it's Google that is serving up the ads. Place the blame on Google not Apple.