ADC Copy of Leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by makowb, Oct 21, 2008.

1. makowb macrumors member

Hi, I just bought a new MBP through the ADC hardware purchase program, so obviously I don't need my copy of leopard, and I want to sell it. I was wondering what version it is in respect to upgrade vs. full and 10.5.4 vs 10.5.5 (it doesn't say anywhere on the package.) Anyone help me out?

PS. I received a badass shirt with the software too...unfortunately it's an XL...I'm a medium. Anyone know about that either?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

keep it. its very useful. the copy of Leopard for your MBP will only install on that machine. the retail Leopard DVD will install on any Mac.

3. GamaFu macrumors regular

I just join the ADC last week, and I don't quite understand how that part works. :confused: So as Apple states that "Upon purchase and activation, you’ll receive: Mac OS X and Xcode Tools". Are they just going to send us a copy of the retail version of OS X? Someone mentions it in other thread that if Snow Leopard is released before membership expires, we will receive a copy of that too. Can you or someone else confirm that?

4. makowb thread starter macrumors member

I believe by default they don't send you anything so that you can just download the images off their adc page. You have to go into your settings or something and set it that you want to receive the "monthly mailings". I'm not sure about snow leopard, especially since I'm assuming that's about a year off. It might be out by WWDC but by then I think our memberships expire. Unless our membership is a full year and not just the current school year.

As for Leopard working for any version of OS X, I don't own a mac other than my current one, and if I intend on buying another, it'll assuredly come with leopard. So this version is a full version then?