ADC Discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by singaporesling, Oct 14, 2008.

1. singaporesling macrumors newbie

Hi can anyone with ADC fill me in here. I ordered ADC but it seems like I need to wait till they deliver the box to me till I activate. This would mean I can't get the discount and order my new MBP right away :(. Is that how it is, or does it just take a little while for them to email you an activation code for the product you ordered?

2. Coldwater macrumors member

The email should come to you, I had my account verified WAY before my box got to me, I think I was verified in July and my box came on the 15th of September.

Just wait for the email, it should be around soon.

3. monica23 macrumors newbie

Just wait a couple of days. You will then have to fax in proof of your status before you can buy. Don't order before the verification process is complete otherwise your order will be cancelled by Apple.

So which Mac do you plan to bu, a MBP?

4. Coldwater macrumors member

I would hope, the regular student discount is more then sufficient for a MB once you factor in the $100 for the ADC membership. It only shines when used on a MBP or a full on Mac Pro.

5. sjsharks13 macrumors regular

I bought the ACD Student about 4 hours ago, just got the email with the code.

Question: Once i get verified by apple after faxing info....how do I actually use the discount towards the MBP?

EDIT: NVM, figured it out.

6. singaporesling thread starter macrumors newbie

Im buying the MBP with it. Thanks for telling me about having to wait till after you fax in the stuff to order. Earlier I tested and it let me in the store with the updated price so I ordered...but I just cancelled it cause I need to fax the stuff tomorrow.

7. thirtytwopaths macrumors member

I signed up for ADC and am verified. I placed my order last night at around 8pm but I never received an email confirming that an order was placed or anything. Looking under order status online I can see that it says "not yet shipped". Anyone here order through ADC now or before know if it takes a while before they send out an email confirming your order?

8. zevot macrumors member

hi the same is happening to me..no confirmation letter for the order yet after i ordered 8 hours ago which is 06xxGMT 22nd Oct (london time) and it also says "not yet shipped"

and what's ur config..mine is a 2.8 with 7k320 HD and they are saying:

ships:12/11/08 delivers:14/11/08 !!!! :(:(:(
    what does it say for you? :p:rolleyes:

9. thirtytwopaths macrumors member

yea I dont know, I never received any sort of invoice or order confirmation. It says ships in 1-3 days and will be delivered October 24-October 28. I ordered a stock configuration but it still says "not yet shipped" and I have nothing in my inbox.