ADC get free Leopard... woohoo!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nevinp, Oct 26, 2007.

1. nevinp macrumors newbie

This email turned up about 20 seconds ago. Thanks Apple!

-----------

Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, the sixth major release of Mac OS X, launched today.

A DVD set with Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, Leopard Server and Xcode tools will be included in the ADC Monthly Mailing for November 2007, which will be shipped to you on October 30th. Worldwide shipments will be sent via DHL Worldmail and should arrive in approximately 3-10 business days.

If you have questions, please contact us.
    http://developer.apple.com/contact/

Apple Developer Connection

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Very nice!

3. iTouch macrumors 6502

I just checked my e-mail and I received the same notification. Thanks Apple for saving me cash because I was going to buy it tomorrow.

4. daveIT macrumors member

Aww crap...

I thought about that, but I thought my membership expired in Oct so I ordered it from LA Computer ($99). I just logged into my Student ADC account and noticed my account doesn't expire until 2 Nov! DOH! I guess I'll put it on craigslist!

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This was enough to push me over the line to purchase a Select membership. I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm pretty certain to buy a Mac Pro during the next year so was going to join to get the hardware discount. Might was well save the cost of Leopard as well :D

6. Neurorad macrumors newbie

Burn DL DVD

Anyone actually able to successfully burn and VERIFY the ADC download for Leopard? I downloaded it on two computers and still cannot successfully burn and verify the disk, despite a total of four attempts. Everyone fails the verify towards the end. Tried both Toast and Disk Utility. :mad:

7. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

I did use the Disk utility restore image file to my external drive, then I installed from external drive.

8. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

I thought it was well known that select and, what is the other one? Premium? members got it for free.

But it seems student ADC members did aswell, sweet =P