Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaworu1986

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I am in the market for a new laptop and would really like getting the 15" MBP with 256 megs of video memory.

I am attending college in the UK and have a valid student card: problem is I am staying at home in Italy until autumn and that the UK Apple store only ships to UK addresses when using the student discount, while the Italian one doesn't accept my student card as proof.:mad:

I am now thinking of getting the ADC student membership from the UK store and use the one-time hardware discount with the Italian one to get around this limitation (I have mailed the ADC support team and they confirmed this is possible): what I would like to know is how much the discount amounts to and whether it varies from country to country (I would hate to spend 100€ and go through all this hassle to get 5% or so off the Italian retail price).

Before you suggest to get the cheaper version or wait until I go back to uni, I really need the extra video memory and would like to sell my current notebook while I am still in Italy, as it comes with Italian keyboard and OS; if I can't bring the MBP's price down to around 2000€, I'm afraid I am just going to have to buy an Asus G1S.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
In the US, ADC prices for the MBP are about 20% off of the regular retail price. It may vary a bit from country-to-country, but it should still be a good deal. Unfortunately, while the US has a dedicated online ADC store where anyone can check in and see the prices, European customers have to make ADC purchases over the phone. You may be able to call them up and ask what the ADC price would be for a particular system you've specced out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.