ADC -- How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jun 22, 2009.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

So i bought the ADC package, and they charged my credit card. They asked me to fax over my enrollment, but it has been several days and they still have not activated my account.

How long does it usually take to activate the account?

Can I cancel the purchase if they don't activate it?

2. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

It took me less than 2 days. The trick is to not fax them(who the hell uses fax anyway? that's so 1990's). Instead, just scan your documents and email them to devprograms@apple.com like i did. I simply scanned my license(photo ID) and pasted in a class schedule, and that was it. I was credited with the hardware discount and got $500 off my 17" mbp.

If you call the developer number you can get them to speed things up. I had a friendly lady answer. I told her I had emailed a jpg with my ID and schedule scanned. She looked for it while I was on the line and immediately activated my account. Took less than a few minutes.

3. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Thanks!

4. kmac88 macrumors member

if they don't activate the account do they give you refund? lets say your timetable does not fit their required classes

5. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

It took 3 days for my enrollment to be approved.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What "required classes"?:confused:

ADC Student needs no classes.

7. kmac88 macrumors member

Don't u need to send them a copy of a class schedule? but do u need to be studying Computer related classes? what if i don't

8. jirott macrumors newbie

is there any different in software application in macbook if i buy a macbook pro using student deveper discount?

9. kmac88 macrumors member

payment

can i pay for the ADC student membership with my parents credit card? it will be under my name, but need to pay with parents credit card