ADC membership boxes.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PeterQC, Apr 2, 2009.

1. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

When you register in Apple ADC program, you're supposed to receive a welcoming box containing a shirt, DVDs and a copy of Mac OS X (I believe). My account is activated since the 2th April and I'm wondering when it will be shipped and be delivered. I've seen no confirmation from anywhere (Store account, ADC account, E-mail account, nothing!) that Apple has shipped it to me. My order on the ADC 99$ Student is paid and been since then at the "Complete" stage and didn't change.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. You don't get a box anymore. You also don't get a copy of LEOPARD anymore, even though the little insert SAYS that you do. :mad:

3. PeterQC thread starter macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

No T-shirt then? :( That's sad. I was expecting to receive all this very soon...

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, yes! You still get the t-shirt and the little square piece of cardstock that says you get a copy of OS X and a DVD of SDKs and development software, but you don't get the copy of OS X and the other software is all available as a DVD-sized DMG online.

5. GamaFu macrumors regular

That's weird. When I bought the student ADC membership in late October last year, I did get the box with OSX DVD, Xcode DVD, and a oversize t-shirt. I am in Canada too. You should get it soon, I'd say.

Update: Yes, there's OS X dvd inside. Also, don't keep your expectation high for the t-shirt. I think Apple just assumes anyone who's buying ADC student membership is overweight. They sent me a extra large and I normally wear medium.

6. PeterQC thread starter macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Ok I see. Great then. :)

I'm curious how Apple would react if you pointed it to them over the phone about the page saying that you get a copy of Mac OS X. I would do it myself, but it look like there's no Canada developer line, never mind a french one (My Oral skill are rather poor... I'm miles better when writing). I know Apple did give free upgrades to the 2.0 GHz Alu MacBooks users to a 2.4GHz that pointed out the error in the descriptions when they had already ordered (When the MacBooks came out, in the store it was saying the 2.0 had a backlit keyboard, it did not).

7. Ptyger macrumors member

Ptyger

I joined the program in early January of this year as a student developer, and I got all of these things: shirt, copy of Leopard, and the monthly download as a DVD. All in a nice box. It just took several weeks for it to arrive by USPS.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And I did my second this March (second account, second name). You don't get a box anymore.

9. -SD- macrumors 6502

Yeah, my box took ages to arrive too. I got the box with Leopard, the Dev software and the t-shirt. I really do wonder what they think I'm going to do with an XL black t-shirt with 'I :apple: Code' on the front of it.

What are the chances of Apple sending ADC members a nice shiny copy of Snow Leopard upon release?

:apple:

10. GamaFu macrumors regular

I am wondering the same thing. I sent an email asking them about whether or not we're going to get SL, but never receive a reply. :(

11. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Apple doesn't send the box out for renewals or second accounts. I was an ADC member back in 2003 and received a box, t-shirt, developer dvd and copy of Panther. Last May, I created an entirely new ADC account hoping to get the same thing again. Instead, Apple merged my new account with my old account and didn't send the box. I e-mailed them and asked why and they said you only get it once, upon your original sign-up.

12. PeterQC thread starter macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Ok So i got this with my shirt. With nothing else. Is it normal? According to this, I should have a Mac OS X DVD, Xcode and Developer DVD Series, but it look like it's missing. Sorry for being backward. Darn Photobooth! :p

Attached Files:

13. ctnguye3 macrumors member

I also got the same thing, just a T-shirt and Card (I'm a new member)... :confused:

14. ctnguye3 macrumors member

I just called the support line. After asking why I only received a t-shirt, she said ship would have another kit sent to me with all the contents (Mac OS X DVD) and that I should receive it within 2 weeks, so we'll see what happens. ;)