ADC power Apple Cinema display sourcing?

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hi there,
By a chance encounter I now have in my possession a pristine 22" Apple studio cinema display but it has the ADC cord that drives power, video, assuming USB 1.1.

Does anyone know if any sites sell the ADC to DVI converter power box besides eBay?

Thanks.

When I get it setup I'll share pics. :)

THICC bezels for sure.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The older large Apple adapters are the only thing that can reliably power and drive those. They haven't been made in over 10 years, so eBay is your best bet. Note that starting with 10.9 or 10.10, the buttons on the display and the ability to control the brightness has been removed. But the USB hub and display still work properly.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
The older large Apple adapters are the only thing that can reliably power and drive those. They haven't been made in over 10 years, so eBay is your best bet. Note that starting with 10.9 or 10.10, the buttons on the display and the ability to control the brightness has been removed. But the USB hub and display still work properly.
Awww, ok. But will display operate at max brightness or will it be weirdly dim?

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I believe it will be stuck at 100% brightness
Cool. I'll keep on the look out, actually got the monitor in mint condition FOR FREE but maybe that's because ADC to DVI is worth more than the monitor itself...