adc purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattsajay, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mattsajay macrumors member

Hello folks....

I read in the forums that purchases through the adc-student store is inelligible for the "free ipod" back to school offer. Is the same valid for the " buy a printer bundled with your mac and get 100$ off" offer aswell ?

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

Correct.

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Probably... as your getting a bigger discount with ADC already.. right ?

4. poke4christ macrumors member

From what I saw on the ADC site, the printer deal is still valid. Can someone confirm this?

5. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

It's only for purchase through regular retail, regular online, and telephone, and educational.

Read number 4 from
    http://developer.apple.com/faq/hwpp.html#hardware4

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Seems true, as it says from Apple online store..nothing about not applying to developer store, or being educational store or something.

7. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

8. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

the reason i asked is the following: when i put a mbp into my checkout cart the printer deal is still there in the next page to which i am redirected. however the ipod deal is missing.however as Bearbo says, no 4 in http://developer.apple.com/faq/hwpp.html#hardware4 says something completely different.

has anyone already tried this and recieved the rebate on the printer (or anything else that was there in special offers from earlier years)?

9. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I'd be more inclined to believe that Student ADC members would qualify for the printer rebate as the terms and conditions stipulate a purchase of a Mac and a qualifying printer to receive the rebate. I'm not familiar with Apple's rebates but when you send in a copy of your UPC's would they go so far as to investigate from which online store it was purchased from to release the rebate?

10. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

They would definitely try to catch any reason that you give them to not honor your rebates. So yes, they'd investigate.

11. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well, I think it's too ambiguous to say flat out "no" to the rebate and would have to warrant a call to Apple. It would seem to be that according to the terms and conditions of purchases through the Developer store are not eligible for "most" rebates/promotions. I guess you could be the proverbial guinea pig and submit your rebate form. ;)

Attached Files:

12. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

You can always call them and ask.

13. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Naturally although I'm always skeptical as to whom I'm speaking with and how knowledgeable they would be to provide a correct answer. From what I can gather:

4. I see special offers, rebates, and promotions on the online Apple Store/retail store/reseller store. Are purchases made through the ADC Hardware Purchase Program eligible for these promotions?
    Purchases made through the ADC Hardware Purchase Program are NOT eligible for most Apple or third-party promotions or rebates. You may see wording on an online Store that indicates eligibility, however, please consult the official terms and conditions of all promotional offers before placing an order. There are no refunds on items purchased through the ADC Hardware Purchase Program.

From the Printer rebate form:

Terms and Conditions
    Purchase and take possession of an Apple Macintosh computer and a qualifying printer and receive up to $100 via mail-in rebate. For printers selling for less than $100, the rebate amount is up to the retail sales price of the printer, excluding sales tax. Qualifying products must be purchased together between April 24, 2007, and July 23, 2007. Purchases must be made at the online Apple Store, a retail Apple Store, or through Apple Telesales located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Qualifying orders from the online Apple Store or Apple Telesales that are placed during the promotion and ship after the offer ends are eligible.

Promotion Restrictions
    All Apple computer(s) and qualifying printer(s) must be purchased on the same invoice or sales receipt. This offer is valid only while supplies last. Up to five (5) rebates may be claimed on one coupon based on the number of Apple computers and printers purchased. This offer is for end customers only. Reseller purchases do not qualify.

14. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I'll e-mail them in the morning but anyone wishing to contact the ADC Hardware Purchase Program Team can do so at:

E-mail: austin.dev@apple.com

Phone: 1-877-412-1658

15. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

okay.. updates here> i had a chat (using the char with a rep feature on apple stores webpage) and he checked the details out.

one CANNOT COMBINE any offer with student ADC purchases.

though one can combine these offers with a apple EDUCATION DISCOUNT purchase.

16. finger11 macrumors member

wow, not sure what you guys think but i think that's pretty unacceptable...i ordered a 15' mbp on friday from the adc store and added a printer based on getting that rebate...they have programmed the adc store to exclude the page that informs you of the ipod rebate so, if what the apple rep says is true, why can't they do the same for the printer rebate? when you add a system to the cart in the adc store a big ad (attached by a poster above) comes up inciting you to add a printer and get the rebate...

my printer has already shipped so i am not sure what i'm going to do...ugh

17. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

It could easily be that since iPod deal is new, they haven't updated all pages yet.

You should've read the conditions if you think it's unfair. You cannot return ADC store bought stuff either.

18. finger11 macrumors member

You sound happy writing that post, hehe.

No, actually I really doubt that the ipod deal will not ever show up on the adc store.

And I did read the terms, all it says is 'This offer cannot be combined with any other offer'. I would not consider ordering from the adc store an 'offer'.

19. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

really? what do you mean? like as in return to get a refund? or return if defective (eg dead pixel, screwed up dvd drive etc....)

20. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member

ok guys hold on.. sorry for confusing everyone... actually am even more confused now... i called up apple and the rep said that we are elligible for the $100 off from printer (after mail in rebate) deal with adc hardware purchase. The tech sales support apparently did not know what they were talking about. So I was advised to go ahead and buy a printer: his coming from "tier two" apple folks. He also advised me to look up the sales terms and conditions of the "offer" and not adc offer/.

i hope this helps. i am in the sameboat with a ll of you!!!

21. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

I'm really not. I'm planning on getting something from the ADC store later this year, but within the iPod deal (or at least a printer). It's kind of a bummer that they don't let you do that.

You aren't supposed to return if it's defective. You send it in for repair in the case of defective product. Therefore, there is technically no returns.

22. subzozo macrumors newbie

Stop spreading confused info or only answer when you actually tried it. I purchased my MBP via ADC student and did get 100$ rebate back from canon 4300.

23. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

This was in October, but when I purchased my MBP from Apple via the ADC, I did NOT get the printer rebate and was specifically told by Apple it was not honored. However, I did not even try. It sounds like people above have tried it and have had it honored.