ADC question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kaworu1986, Aug 3, 2007.

1. kaworu1986 macrumors member

kaworu1986

I have recently bought the ADC student membership and faxed the documentation to prove I am indeed a student a couple of days ago.
    Problem is that, while the active assets area of my ADC member page shows ADC Student Membership instead of ADC Student Membership (pending) and I got an email saying:

"The Apple Developer Connection has transferred the following item(s) to you: ADC Mailing - Student
    Student Orientation Kit
    ADC Student Membership

The next time you log into the Apple Developer Connection web site (http://connect.apple.com) you should see the item(s) above."

The aforementioned assets as well as the hardware discount, the reason why I got the membership in the first place, are nowhere to be seen.

Does this mean the documents I have sent have not been processed or outright rejected or do I only need to have patience?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've heard the hardware discount assets can take up-to a week to appear once you are approved. Give it a week: if they don't show up after that contact support.

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

It means you already have that asset, which is part of the student membership asset. You just need to have an active student membership, then order from the appropriate ADC store.

edit: wait, don't take my word for granted. i'm fairly sure what i've said is the case, but i've emailed the ADC folks about it just now...don't think it applies to me but eh.

5. Gandhi macrumors regular

My profile under assets never showed a "hardware discount" or anything like that. Only ever showed "student member" and I assumed that included the one-time hardware discount.

6. gstuartj macrumors newbie

You can't just go to the regular Apple store and use the ADC hardware discount. They "hide" it. You have to buy through the ADC store. Make sure you've signed into your ADC account on the ADC website BEFORE visiting the store.

7. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The hardware discount is already implied with you being a Student ADC member so it won't show up in your profile. You'll eventually receive a box from Apple with a copy of Tiger, a ADC t-shirt, and a disc with release notes/developer tools. Once your membership is no longer "pending" you'll be able to make purchases through the Developer store.

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

Yep, confirmed with the ADC folks. They'll check whether or not you're eligible for the discount before letting you have it, but once you use it, can't get it back. As long as you have a student membership, you will be able to use it..so even if it takes you a few years.. :)

9. bobsbarricades macrumors regular

I just want to find out what the discount is.

I need to get a mac proo + logic studio so it's kind of up there. I don't want to get the iMac (well,did but the mac pro will last longer)

it's 20% right?

That would mean 2,500 + 500 = 3,000 - 20% euquals 2,400 right? end price is 2,500 because of ADC membership. There's tax too isn't there? dangit, what is that like 6 percent?