ADC Student Discount Store? iPod deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aljovido, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Aljovido macrumors member

Hey!
    I apologize if anything like this has been answered before, but I've searched for it, and the only thing remotely similar was last posted back in 2003.
    I'm currently in college, and I plan on purchasing a new Mac Pro this summer. I know the ADC discount is significant, and that I should use it while I'm still in school. So for those of you familliar with the ADC store and how it works, I have some questions.

I've searched for an ADC Student store, and I can only find the regular 'ol ADC store. Is there even an ADC student store? or does the $99 student membership just simply allow a student to purchase from the normal ADC store? Is there any additional discount from the ADC store for being a student?

From what I understand by exploring the ADC store, is that the $99 printer rebate still applies. Does anyone know if the ADC store has previously, or is planning on having the same free nano/iPod student discount deal Apple has every summer? I'm trying to save all the money I can, and get any free thing from apple that I can. Thank you!

Aljovido

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's just the regular ADC store. Same discount as all other ADC members, but you only get a once-per-lifetime discount under the $99/year student plan.

The iPod deal is not compatible because it requires that the computer and iPod be purchased together under Apple Education Individual pricing.

Printer rebates can be applied to ADC purchases.

And if you're planning on buying AppleCare, buy it through the regular EDU store...much cheaper than through the ADC store.