ADC Student One Time Hardware Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kmc0929, Feb 29, 2008.

1. kmc0929 macrumors newbie

So, I am trying to figure this out, If you are a student, at a 4 year university, and buy the 99 dollar student ADC kit, then send them a copy of your student ID and your course list (which doesn't have to be comp science classes) then you qualify for a one time ADC discount... Does anyone know what it is? I heard the 1999MBP drops to 1599 but I am curious as to where the other models sit after the discount. Let me know if you know anything about it, Id like to know before I invest in the developers kit.

2. 330toSRT8 macrumors member

3. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

Unless you're going for a MBP or a MP, the student discount can be better and free. I can get 10% off from my school on the lower end mac's. If you add the $99 fee, my student discount is better.

In short, unless you're going for MBP or MP ( or want to develop), save your money and buy at your school.

4. pianos101 macrumors regular

sorry to bump.... but does anyone know if you have to use the student ADC discount in your first year of membership (assuming i'm renewing my membership anyway)? I know it's a one-time discount, but does the purchase have to be made during the first year?

thanks....

5. Mo Tiggas macrumors member

With the student membership, only once in your life... whether that's the first year or fourth year