ADC student specifics/qualifications

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thebrain74, Jun 21, 2009.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I have read all about the emailing and faxing of the credentials (transcript, passport/driver's licence,etc), but I have one question. In order to qualify for the student developer program do you have to prove anything other than student status? Like do you have to show that you have/are/will take Comp Sci classes or something of the like??

thanks for the help

2. thebrain74 thread starter macrumors regular

Also how long does it take on average to get a developer machine? This fine print says hopefully 4-6 weeks. Does it really take that long?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Takes as long as any other machine, based on BTO.

4. admanimal macrumors 68040

I enrolled as an ADC student member on June 9, and faxed in my credentials that afternoon. On Wednesday, June 10th I was approved and ordered a stock MBP, which arrived the following Monday.

5. jirott macrumors newbie

how was the software in your new MBP? I'm just curious whether does the software in student developer MBP looks difference from normal student MBP.

I'm not interested in application creating, i just want to enjoy student developer discount. :D.

6. tsa1 macrumors regular

it doesnt seem to be worht it this time around, the base 15 inch only gets discounted a further 70 bucks, now the top of the line 15inch and the 17inch MBP get good discounts over the student rate.