adc time line?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattsajay, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mattsajay macrumors member

old-timers / previous adc-student buyers:

in your experience:

1. how long does it take to receive the following for ADC-student: "an Activation Code via email"?

2. how long does it take after I have faxed the necessary documents (which I have already prepared) to actually activate my membership to actually make the hardware purchase?

thanks a bunch

2. jekite macrumors newbie

Do you actually have to use the ADC membership-or can you use it just as a means of getting a discount on a mac? I.E. do you have to verify that you are a developer/actually use their tools? It says that your computer can only be used for development-what does this mean exactly, and what info did you have to send them?

3. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I believe it took me 24-48 hours. Bought the item online, got a verification code and then faxed them my documentation. After faxing them my documentation it took one day.

Sorry, its been so long that I don't recall, but I do remember it was rather fast. You do not have to wait for the package to come for it to be effective.

You just have to prove you are in college, not how you will use the computer.

definitly took me under 5 business days and i wanna say for sure under 3 as well as long as you fax that day or the next.

EDIT:
    Looking at my archived emails it appears the whole process took about a day.

4. Apple Developer Connecti. Inbox ‎Information Regarding Your ADC Account - …xxxxxx The Apple Developer Connection has transferred the following item(s) to you: ADC Mailing - Student Student Orientation Kit ADC Student Membership The next … 12/14/06

3. Apple Inbox ‎Your Apple invoice # xxxxxxxxxx - … 001 xxxxxxx ADC STUDENT MEMBERSHIP 1 1 99.00 99.00 Subtotal 99.00 Tax 5.94 Shipping Charges TOTAL USD 104.94 Salesperson Contact Entry Date Ship Date Routing 900004 BD … 12/13/06

2. Apple Developer Connecti. Inbox ‎Your New ADC Product(s) - … students/. Please contact ADC at http://developer.apple.com/contact if you need assistance. We look forward to helping you make the most of the Apple platform. Your Apple … 12/13/06

1. Apple Inbox ‎Apple Store Order Acknowledgment xxxxxxx- … Price Qty Subtotal ADC STUDENT MEMBERSHIP xxxxx $99.00 1 $99.00 Ships by: Dec 12 - Dec 13 Delivers by: Dec 14 - Dec 19 Subtotal $99.00 Sales Tax $5.94 Total Price … 12/13/06

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm not an ADC student member but as far as I'm aware, once you've received the activation details you can order over the phone by explaining the situation to them.

5. mattsajay thread starter macrumors member