ADC to DVI connector for G4 PC MAC Desktop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fmezza, Sep 27, 2009.

1. fmezza macrumors newbie

I have a Power PC Mac G4 Desktop with a DVi input. I recently purchased Apple 17" LCD Studio display. What I did not realise was that the display has a ADC Connector! (Novice to Macs)

My question is will the "Apple DVI to ADC Adaptor" whic is powered be the correct choice for this setup or is it designed for Display to powerbooks only?

Any advice would be appreciated

thanks
    :eek:

2. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

DVI is an output, not an input. That said, a DVI-> ADC adaptor will happily work with your ADC monitor and virtually any device that has a DVI output.

3. misterpasta macrumors member

DVI to ADC Adapter

http://store.apple.com/us/product/M8661LL/B

The $100 above converter is the solution. Your display has just one connector (ADC) that connector carries power and video. This adapter separates the display pin-outs for power and DVI.

4. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

Which G4 do you have without ADC out? I thought they all had it? I have a Sawtooth (one of the first) and an MDD (the last) and they both have it. Does your mac have an aftermarket graphics card?

5. tm27tt macrumors newbie

I just got one of those (Apple DVI to ADC adapter) from Amazon for $89. My Powermac G4 MDD died. So far it works hooked up to my 2007 MBP.

6. kokomelala macrumors newbie

Connect to pc

Can i connect it to my pc? I have a good 1gb video card with dvi and hdmi i use now on my pc.
    I got an Old powermac g4 with this 22" display and i just want to use the display because the Mac is really old

7. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Ok, let's get one thing across.

WHY DID YOU BUMP THIS?

Go make a new thread with your question, give specifics on your PowerMac (does it have ADC, DVI, VGA?)

And please clean up your post a bit. it's not suppozed to luk lik this cuz it's on teh interwebz.