Add a line price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by devsop, Jun 9, 2009.

1. devsop macrumors newbie

I plan on adding a line to my single line account so my wife can use an iPhone. Do we know how much buying the 3gs will be when adding a line? After adding her I plan on switching the SIMs and using the new one! She doesn't mind! :D

Thanks in advance

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

$200 for 16GB. When you add a line, its like a whole new contract for that line so you get the new contract price.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

IF you add a line, you will get the 199/299 price on a 3GS, plus the 9.99 per month for the line and the data plan monthly fee.

4. devsop thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! And it's pretty much confirmed the sim swap will work right?

5. devsop thread starter macrumors newbie

this forum moves quickly! just looking for the answer in my last post. Thanks! :D

6. redskinsf macrumors member

I actually did the same exact thing today at the AT&T store.. very easy and helpful. They pre-ordered the new iPhone 3Gs as a new account. When the new phone arrives next Friday, I'll go into the store and they will merge it on to my existing AT&T account as an added line. I get the new iPhone for $199/$299 price and they'll put the sim from my current 3G into the new 3Gs and the sim for the new line of service into my current 3G for my partner to use. Having 2 iPhones that are basically a year apart in contract will theoretically allow me to get the newest iPhone each year, assuming Apple continues with releasing a new one each summer. By this time next year, my current 3G contract will be fulfilled and I'll be able to get a new iPhone for that line at the lowest price. :cool:

7. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

What if you have a 1st gen phone on your other line?

Can you upgrade that?