Add a volume to login items.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by atmporsh911, Oct 23, 2007.

1. atmporsh911 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    So I have a network volume that I can access on my computer, and I want it to automatically connect on startup. I have added it to the login items tab many times, but when I restart my computer, the volume does not automatically mount. However, if I immediately log out after startup and log back in, the volume mounts. I only have one account and do not go to the login screen on startup, so I was wondering if bypassing the login screen was preventing the volume from automatically mounting. If so, what can I do about that? Thanks in advance!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

make sure youve added your server password to your keychain and it is definitely in your login items by checking the account in system preferences.

3. atmporsh911 thread starter macrumors newbie

The volume I am connecting to does not have a password. Like I said, if I log out and log back in, the volume automatically starts up.

4. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Maybe you could try creating an automator workflow that mounts the disk and save it as an application. Then try to put it in the startup items, and see if the disk is mounted.