Add albums to photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mechanesthesia, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mechanesthesia macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

I just spent $1.99 on an app called photosort to make folders but it they don't appear on the photo albums, you have to go to the app itself. Also it sucks because it doesn't remove or highlight the images you already added! So you can keep adding the same pics!
    I have windows, is there any way to get iPhoto for windows? Or be able to add albums another way?

2. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Bump

3. Shawnstra macrumors regular

It's pretty simple. You create a folder and inside the folder put sub folders as the albums you want with the pictures inside. Then, choose the main folder as the folder where you want to sync with your iPhone. Then the albums should appear on the photos app on your iPhone.

4. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Do you mean on iTunes?

5. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Do you mean on iTunes?

6. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Yes.
    In iTunes on your computer.
    We can't create folders in the photo app on our iPhones just yet. Only in the iPod iPhone app can we now make playlists(folders).

7. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

OK, so I set my photos to sync with my "pictures" folder, and I added some folders in there, but they didn't show until I added at least one picture.

So now the folders show up. But I can't move anything from the camera roll to my other folders? I sit even possible???

8. Shawnstra macrumors regular

No. Basically all the photos you've taken (either through the camera, or third party apps) in the camera roll stays there. The only way you could organise them into the folders is connect it to a PC, manually drag them into the folders you want (I'm not sure if you can remove the photos out of camera roll on a PC, but you can do it using iPhoto, if not just email a full size copy from the phone to yourself), and re-sync the phone.

Though, feel free to feedback, I think folders for the photo app is a great idea.

apple.com/feedback

9. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

+ 1

Feedback left

10. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks :)