Add another line without creating a family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JLEW700, Jul 6, 2010.

1. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Im just wondering if I can add an new line to my at&t plan without creating a family plan? Right now Its just me on the account but my mom wants the iPhone 3gs so Im going to add here to my account but I dont necessarily want to create a family plan, I just want 2 separate lines. Is that possible?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. JLEW700 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Yes as well. They will run a credit check. Depends on your credit score, you can open up mutiple lines. I also read something about deposit (in case you got bad score,) but I'm not familiar with the deposit option.

5. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You are just getting two seperate individual accounts, correct?

6. craziplaya21 macrumors newbie

Getting two individual plans is more expensive than a family plan... unless I'm forgetting something

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

true but it's good if you're helping out a family member/friend who doesn't have credit or if you don't want to share minutes.

8. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I have 2 Seperate lines. If i remember correctly I was told that they did not do a credit check again if you've been with them for awhile. That it was totally based off your previous payment history with them now. I got the second line so my sister could get a phone without a deposit. I didn't want to share minutes and wanted her line to be it's own "entity" so it's easily done. If you already have service, just log into your account and click on the add line tab and go from there.