Add Apple Care+ to an order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixxmum, Sep 12, 2014.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Is it possible to do this? Due to the site craziness, I didn't manage to get it on one of them. I know we can go to the store after, but it would be nice to just add it.

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Source: http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575LL/A/applecare-for-iphone

3. riyadc macrumors member

You can buy apple care+ within 60 days of purchase. You should be able to go to the apple store and sign up. They will inspect your phone before selling you apple care plus though.

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

After you get your new phone, just call Apple and they will set you up with AppleCare+. Easier that way.

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

was just thinking about this as well. I will grab it once i can go to an apple store after i get my phone.

6. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Ah. Thank you all. When we last got one, you couldn't do it by phone. That's very helpful.

7. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

Yep. I did this easily for my 4s... then I had to schmooze them to do it for my wife's iPad (3rd gen). By the time I wanted it on my iPhone 5, I just said "look, you've sold me 2 other AC+ warranties over the phone within the first 2 days of receiving my device. I have yet to turn in a claim on the warranty so I'm obviously not just trying to pull a fast one. Just sell me the darn thing... take my money!" and they did.

This year I called and spoke to an AppleCare rep since I was going to order from Verizon. They told me I could order from Verizon and as soon as I got the phone and knew the serial number, I could call and they'd add it. I'd have no problem rolling into an apple retail store to have it checked out if the closest one to me was not over an hour away.