add clipart to Ms Office 2008 (Mac)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chinashaw, May 5, 2008.

1. Chinashaw macrumors member

Hi All,

I know it should be simple but I cannot add new clip art to the Clip art section. I have clicked download & open with clip art manager and that just tells me I need to open clip art manager. I have tried to download the file and then import the file. However I seem to download a text file from the Msoft site when I need a .mp somehting file.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. LondonCalling macrumors newbie

Need to add file extension .cil

Hi there - had the same problem and if you simply add .cil to teh file and double click it will solve this. I am sure there is a way to add this in the file handlers in firefox but no clue on that.

Cheers,

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you post a link to the site where you're downloading from? What browser are you using?

4. LondonCalling macrumors newbie

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I just went there and downloaded some... it downloaded as a .cil file, which I clicked and it automatically added the clips to the gallery. No muss, no fuss. Using Safari 4.

6. LondonCalling macrumors newbie

using firefox 3

I'm using Firefox 3 and it downloads the "clip art" file, tried to send it to Microsoft Clip Art App (Office 2008) and then fails. The saved file is Clip Art. Adding the .cil extension and double clicking open Microsoft Clipart and imports the clips normally.

strange.