Add Contacts to Home Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yarngrrl, Apr 3, 2008.

1. yarngrrl macrumors member

Apr 26, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Is it possible to add a home screen link to my contacts?
  2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Oct 7, 2007
    DFW, TX
    no, but you can add a phone number to your contacts (a speed dial kinda thing)... it's a webclip, that will dial a number..
  3. heyp macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2008
    looks like it will be addressed in firmware 2.0 based on some pics somebody has since removed from this site
  4. Barry Scott macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2007
    I read the words, but have no clue what they mean :)
    Could you post an idiots guide please (or a link)?
  5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

Jan 24, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Is your phone jailbroken? I'm using an app called SpringDial which allows me to add contacts (with Address Book images as their icons) to the Springboard. I have a page just for "speed dials."

(I did notice, however, that it didn't work right the first time I downloaded it. It would hang just after clicking an icon. This has something to do with a conflict with Summerboard. Somehow, though, I got it to work on my second install. I love it.)
  6. hamproof macrumors newbie

Apr 4, 2008
    I found it easier to assign the HOME button to the Phone favorites. Then I just double click and I'm at my favs screen which allows me to speed dial sort off.

I suppose putting a "webclip" (per 2nd poster??), or using a 3rd party apps saves me from pressing the HOME button twice.
  7. spike132000 macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2010
    Hey Guys! Release from JustLikeEd hosted by Spike_132000!

Put Contacts on your springboard!!!

All you have to do is:

1) goto Click Here - - No information is stored on any servers, just so you know!
    2) enter a name and phone number
    3) press Create Contact Page
    4) Click '+' and click Add to Home Screen
    5) Click Add
    6) then just press the new shortcut on your homescreen!
    7) when prompted press Call
  8. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2009
    Have you guys been working on this for almost two years or what?