Add Exif data on border of photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dragon529, Jul 25, 2008.

1. dragon529 macrumors member

I want to publish some photos online and I have some questions. How do I add a nice border/frame around my picture? Is it usually done with photoshop and add a layer underneath the picture? Second is that I want the exif data shown on the border/frame beneath my photo. How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance.

2. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

I haven't used it in a while, but if you use Photoshop then try the printexif script.

3. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

4. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Works like a charm, thanks! ;)

5. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

6. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

The short answer is yes. The almost as short answer is try it.

One of the reasons I stopped using the script was its dependence on Nikon Transfer's population of the IPTC fields. Nikon Transfer stopped being a part of my workflow as soon as Lightroom came on the scene. I am glad to see the script reads EXIF info for exposure information now.

Attached Files:

7. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

Yeah, the script hasn't used Nikon Transfer for awhile. I wanted it to be useful to Canon as well as Nikon shooters, so I use the EXIF that Photoshop can access in the image. Thanks for using the script. Any and all feedback is always appreciated.

8. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

Using LR2/Mogrify and Lightroom to add EXIF data

I've just posted a tutorial on how to use the LR2/Mogrify plug-in and Lightroom to add EXIF data to the frame of an image being exported for posting on the Web. The tutorial can be found here. This is an alternative to using Photoshop and my PrintEXIF script.

Enjoy.

9. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

PrintEXIF v4.0 - Automatic Lens ID

PrintEXIF is a free script that generates a JPEG for the Web, with EXIF metadata displayed in a border beneath the image. I've released a new version of PrintEXIF that automatically identifies the lens used. In the previous version, the lens had to either be selected from a drop-down list or manually entered in a text box. PrintEXIF v4.0 is available here. It requires Photoshop (CS2+) to run, and runs on both Mac and Windows versions. Please contact me if you have problems or questions.

10. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I could not get the script to work (I already sent a bug report from your website). I hope to see it working soon, previous versions were great. :)

Is this script able to identify third party lenses, such as Sigma or Tamron? Or is it limited to Canon and Nikon?

11. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

FrameShop - A Framing Script for Adobe Photoshop

Just posted a new (free) framing script to my website - FrameShop.

Feedback is always welcome. Thanks.

12. Joe Colson macrumors newbie

Joe Colson

If your camera recognizes third-party lenses and writes that information into the EXIF lens data field, the script will recognize it. Usually, camera manufacturers only write the information for their own lenses into EXIF. The script is not limited to Canon and Nikon, and will recognize lenses from all camera models that write the information into EXIF.

13. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

BorderFX is a (free) plugin for Aperture that lets you do this.