Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
How do I add facebook profile pictures to contact and keep them in sync on my iPhone?

Is this supported by the iOS or do I have to get an apps to do it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How do I add facebook profile pictures to contact and keep them in sync on my iPhone?

There used to be Facebook integration on OS level, although I can't quite recall if it allowed for this specifically or not. I think in a lot of cases people use some other apps, like Sync.ME, for example, for that kind of thing.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada

There used to be Facebook integration on OS level, although I can't quite recall if it allowed for this specifically or not. I think in a lot of cases people use some other apps, like Sync.ME, for example, for that kind of thing.

Yes Sync.ME works, used it before

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
It's moot now, but while the old Facebook integration sync could do this, it was a bit rubbish at it, and from memory it was due to the fact it match contacts and Facebook friends via email address. A lot of people don't keep their contact's email addresses - even for those they might be best friends with on Facebook.

Solutions like Sync.me use the name and give you more options around matching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.