Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
I added a grip from a Dr Grip pen, but it's pretty bulky, and between that and the pencil cozy, it's looking dorky and I will be using to take notes in cabinet meetings. Meh. Grip recommendations or pens to swipe one from?

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
I think the grip from the Pilot G-2 pen looks nice.
41L%2B%2BFeVPnL.jpg

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Why does a pen/pencil have to look professional?
It doesn't have to, but I prefer that my pencil isn't drawing attention at Cabinet meetings. :)

Thanks for the G-2 tip. I didn't think that was removable. I'll try it now.

Wowee! That is not easy to remove.

Last edited:

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
UNscrew the front plastic part and it should come right out
That works for the G-2 mechanical pencil, but I think the pen unscrews above the grip so that makes getting the grip off much harder. It's difficult but doable. The pencil grip is much easier to slide off.

I think the pen grip is slightly longer than the mechanical pencil grip, and the pen grip might be slightly easier to slide onto Apple Pencil.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
That works for the G-2 mechanical pencil, but I think the pen unscrews above the grip so that makes getting the grip off much harder. It's difficult but doable. The pencil grip is much easier to slide off.

I think the pen grip is slightly longer than the mechanical pencil grip, and the pen grip might be slightly easier to slide onto Apple Pencil.

Thanks, that's helpful. I tried for a while, but my arthritic hands were just not managing it! :)

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Thanks, that's helpful. I tried for a while, but my arthritic hands were just not managing it! :)

Right now it has no grip. Before today, it had this:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    902.4 KB · Views: 798

Andy847

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
Check out the PenSe Apple Pencil Holder. I have one coming in July. It looks professional and also contains the cap and charging adapter. Really sharp. It's a funded Kickstarter project. Also is has magnets to stick to your Ipad Pro.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Check out the PenSe Apple Pencil Holder. I have one coming in July. It looks professional and also contains the cap and charging adapter. Really sharp. It's a funded Kickstarter project. Also is has magnets to stick to your Ipad Pro.

The PenSe is cool, but that cost is a little hard to swallow.

mina_rae

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2017
You should try the Plus Ergo Grip. It's an ergonomic grip designed specifically for the apple pencil and I really like it. It looks pretty pro, and the thick soft silicone makes it much more comfortable and easier to grip.

bytecurious

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2017

Unbelievable. So you bought a 60 USD accessory FOR your 110 accessory?

At what point do people go: "Maybe these devices own me instead of the other way around?"

Andy847

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
I got in as a backer, it only cost me $39, but at the time, there was nothing out there I found to keep all the things that come with the pencil in one place. Before you say the Box, it takes up a lot more space on the desk. I didn't like the pense anyways. To each his own though. If Apple would have done a better job on designing the pencil, then half the people looking for Grips, cap holders, and such wouldn't need to spend money on other Items. I draw with the Apple Pencil, so for me it's more than just an expensive accessory. If you don't want to spend it, just don't buy it. Plain and simple enough to me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.