Add iOS shortcuts(wifi, bluetooth, etc) to notifications center. No jailbreak needed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ap3604, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2011/12...-more-to-notifications-center-jailbreak-free/

Didn't see that anyone had posted this yet so just wanted to give people the heads up in case they wanted these settings controls in their notification area. I use the home screen settings icons instead since I don't have to swipe down to open the notification center but I figured other people on here might like this method.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw, iOS 5.1 is reported to break up the ability to add shortcuts to certain settings like this does so depending on how big having settings a click away is for you then you might want to hold off updating to 5.1

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Uhhh, too late.

3. jasko, Dec 7, 2011

jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

This looks pretty useful. Anyone use it here?

edit: lame about 5.1.

4. AlphaVictor87, Dec 7, 2011

AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Wow that's pretty cool if it doesn't use safari

however being $.99 and 5.1 reportedly removing this type of access, i'd rather not spend my money on something that will soon be useless.

if 5.1 doesn't fix it, i'll for sure buy it, that's sweet

5. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Just bought the App. Works liek it says, but no shortcut for wifi or anything. Just for calls, emails and texts.

6. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that the app 'FlashLaunch' just went free so I downloaded it and tried it and it has this same ability (for those still on 5.0.1)

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Even at Free, if the next iOS update breaks this functionality, whats the point (why get used to something if its just going to go away soon).

thanks for the heads up though.

8. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I can't speak for everyone but I can say for myself:

#1 - You don't have to update if you don't want to and 5.1 might not offer any extreme benefit to get you to give up sbsettings type toggles in the notification center

#2 - Apple might just be changing the url names so that instead of prefs:root = wifi you instead say pref:root = wifi

#3 - It's free... so why not?

I mean lets say 5.1 hypothetically stopped the ability to have folders in iOS, does that mean I should not use folders right now (even though they are convenient and I like them) just because some time in the future it will go away? ;)

9. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Damn. Wish I would have grabbed it while it was free. I still have 5.0.1. Anyone else use this? Worth the 1.99?

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Apple should add optional quick shortcuts anyway.. There's no reason why anyone should have to trawl through layers of menus just to turn off / on Bluetooth, wifi etc. Way too cumbersome.

I got switcher when it was free, its pretty good, though a bit clunky due to the way it works.

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Is this true? or does it work for wi-fi? Does it open a safari url like another shortcut by some developer whose name I forgot?

Edit: just opened the link and read that it basically has to open the app the execute the command so it adds the notification again.

12. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Lol at the first pic "text hermione granger