Add Kerberos Record Nightmare

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Aneisch, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Aneisch macrumors newbie

Aneisch

Hey guys, let's see if you can help me out.

I'm trying to set up podcasting on a 10.5.8 Leopard server. Among other things, I need to configure open directory, and have a kerebos record set up (per the apple instructions).

I am at a loss of how to do this though, as far as filling out the information after clicking "Add Kerberos Record". It asks for an Administrator username and password. I assume this is the login credentials for the open directory user (under workgroup manager) but I have been unable to get it working.

As well as the Admin info, it asks for a computer record, which I have read needs to be the FQDN. I've tried this, and ever other possible thing. I'm unsure of where to go at this point. Any suggestions?

On another note, can someone upload some screen shots of their server dns service settings. (preferably someone with podcasting set up)

2. svenwillmann macrumors member

what does the following command tell you on your server
    $ sudo changeip -checkhostname

it should do something like

xserv:~ srvadmin$ sudo changeip -checkhostname
    Password:

Primary address = 192.168.0.227

Current HostName = xserv.local
    DNS HostName = xserv.local

The names match. There is nothing to change.
    dirserv:success = "success"
    xserv:~ srvadmin$

3. Aneisch thread starter macrumors newbie

Aneisch

I've tried that, and yes, it ends in .local I've tried putting that everywhere and it has not worked. I am confused about setting up different dns zones as well.

4. Aneisch thread starter macrumors newbie

Aneisch

I stand corrected, re-ran, and came up with "The DNS hostname is not available.."

5. Aneisch thread starter macrumors newbie

Aneisch

They match!!

Okay, it's all set up, and the names match, next step?