Add mailboxes to Mail

Discussion in 'iPad' started by trsnrtr, Apr 7, 2010.

1. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I've had this same problem with my iPod Touch so I assume that it can't be done, but I'll ask anyway.

On the iPad Mail program, can one add more mailboxes or folders to a POP account? In other words, each POP account gets an inbox folder, a sent folder, and a trash folder. I would like to be able to make my own folders or mailboxes like "Saved" or "Follow Up" or "Work" or some such.

TIA.

2. kes601 macrumors regular

You are correct, can't be done w/POP on iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad. If it is setup as Exchange, IMAP, Yahoo, or GMail it will sync the folders w/the server.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

On the iPhone, under Settings....Mail,Contacts,Calendar you can add accounts ans within each account you get the Inbox/Drafts/Sent/Trash etc. It will be the same for the iPad.

Edit: Sorry - not for a single POP account.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Have you considered moving to IMAP mail? I cannot imagine going back to POP mail again. It worked OK in the 80s and 90s before most people had multiple devices... but today with distributed use across desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones... POP has really become obsolete.

/Jim

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Not to mention anyone can get your email password if you use POP. :)