Add mobile hotspot to VZW iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nateo200, Jul 27, 2011.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

THis is really stupid but I can't figure out how to add the plan for the mobile hotspot! I'm going on a road trip (16 hours) so I really need this but I can't find on the site how to add the plan!:mad: I signed in and went to my verizon but couldn't find it...can someone guide me here?:eek:

2. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Did you talk to Verizon in store about it?
    Did you check your settings app for Mobile Hotspot?

3. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

I did. No help. I can't even talk to a human being. I called 611, and every number I could find on there site and all I get is the automated voice lady and after jumping through all those hoops it does not recognize my request when I get to the change plan portion of the call.
    Yes I have it in settings it just keeps telling me to call them.

4. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

EDIT: Well I finally got to a human being by calling Verizon FiOS and being redirected...sigh I got to wireless sales and they said they added the feature but can't get it to work...this is a bunch of crap really. I don't get why I can't just turn it on and they can't just bill me like they do with every other service like idk general data, data roaming, text messaging, ect. I shouldn't have to go through all this hassle to add a feature of the phone. Eh whatever no rush I guess I'm just disapointed in the obstacles I had to overcome only for it to not work in the day and age where you can put something in google on a mobile browser and bam its there! :/

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's gotta be a way to talk to a customer service rep.
    Just keep pressing 0 till you speak to a human. I hate the automated system runaround too.
    If that doesnt work try going to a verizon store to see if they can figure it out. It shouldnt be that hard though, sounds like you talked to someone that was useless. How can they add they feature and charge you and then say they cant get it to work and hang up on you. Verizon customer service sucks.

6. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

I finally got someone today..called Verizon FiOS again lol got redirected to Verizon business sales, turns out the guy from yesterday was from business sales as well he was nice but didn't know anything lol. Anyways I talked to a nice lady today who finally got it to work...I guess there was a screw up with the primary line and they added it to my dads dumb phone or something instead of my iPhone..she apologized for the inconvenience and gave me like 3 extra days of the hotspot for no extra charge with the 2GB's and assured me I would keep my unlimited data. I got a nice email from Verizon apologizing for the difficulties I encountered...still I wish they would make all of this web based..Anyways I got the hotspot feature so I guess that's the good part :):apple::apple:

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, glad it worked out in the end.
    Im surprised they dont have the online option to do it like AT&T. Its way easier, you can even turn it on using the MyAT&T app from the appstore. Its way better and probably less work for them to be able to enable and disable the feature any time the customer wants without calling tech support.

8. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah I tried doing it from the MyVerizon app but there was no option.

9. itsalexaye macrumors regular

I'd say to call them if you cant find it in the App.

For AT&T the option is in the app, so I'm surprised it isnt the same way in the VZW app.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I wish I could buy this by the day....

I had a weird thing happen to mine, the choice to turn it on/off from the settings vanished before my very eyes. It took forever for the lady to figure out how to tell me to find it again. It works well in the car... Just make sure you are plugged in!

11. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah haha it works excellent! Very fast to my honest surprise! I'm actually typing this up on my MBP via my iPhone tether in God knows where :D :p Battery drain is pretty...intense though lol well I guess I better back of the BitTorrent....all jokes aside glad it works.:apple::)

12. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Did you check from your account on verizon.com?